Molly’s Month (February 2018) is the first instalment in a new series I am starting.
I originally starting blogging as a way to document motherhood and my life with my daughter, Molly. I’d been keeping a scrapbook of memorable moments in Molly’s life and idly thought about how much easier it would be if I could journal our memories online. Before I knew it, I had started the Stressy Mama blog. Fast forward 18 months and the vision for my blog had changed, so I rebranded.
Even though I have rebranded, I still want to document Molly’s memorable moments and development on this blog. It will be great to look back on the memories and her development in the future.
Molly’s Month – February 2018
Is it just me, or did February feel like it lasted for about a year? It was a really busy month for us with lots to make note of.
- Molly made me a lovely Valentines Day card at her nursery. I love it when she brings her little makes and pictures home with her.
- One of Molly’s friends from nursery invited her to their birthday party in a play centre. At one time Molly would never go and play on her own in the play centre so one of either Chris or me would have to go in with her. Now she’s a little older though she will go and play on her own.
- The funfair came to town this month. Molly, like all kids I suppose, absolutely loves going to the funfair. She the little rollercoaster rides are her favourite. I think she’s a little daredevil in the making.
- I signed Molly up for a gymnastics class In January 2018 and so far she is really liking it. Loving it, in fact! She literally jumps for joy in the middle of the classes. It’s very cute to see.
- One of the things we like doing most as a family is going for walks on the field near our house. It’s a great way to spend time together, get some fresh air, and get some exercise in at the same time. This month on one of our walks, Molly did something for the very first time – she stood in dog muck! If it was up to me I would have thrown her boots away and bought new ones, but Chris insisted on cleaning it off in a puddle.
- It snowed this month so we took Molly and my niece, Jess, up to the field to do some sledging. The kids had loads of fun; as did us big kids! Unfortunately, Uncle Danny broke the sledge by sliding down a really bumpy hill so we’ll have to get another one before it snows again.
- Molly is quite shy and very easily feels out of her comfort zone. This month though, I have noticed that she seems to be feeling more comfortable around groups of people.
- Molly has always been extremely clumsy, to the point where she has been assessed by a physiotherapist, a podiatrist, and an optician. None of them could find any reasons as to why she is so clumsy; she is just really clumsy! The reason I signed Molly up for gymnastics was because of her clumsiness. I really hope it will improve her balance and coordination as she progresses with it.
- Sleep has always been an issue for Molly, and February was no different. Molly wakes several times a night, sometimes for hours at a time. This has been the case since she was born. We’ve tried everything, even a sleep clinic, but that didn’t help either.
- Molly has had some struggles with the development of her speech. Her Health Visitor agreed it wasn’t developing as it should but that she wasn’t overly concerned, but did say we could go to speech therapy if we thought it necessary. So far, we haven’t been to any sessions because Molly’s nursery key worker thinks her speech is developing fine on its own. Her speech does seem to have improved quite a bit in February which is brilliant. She starts school later this year though so I will give it a couple of months and then decide whether I think she needs to go to the speech therapy for a while before starting school.
- Molly’s counting and understanding of the alphabet really improved this month.
- Molly is completely obsessed with Disney Princess Dolls at the minute. We’re running out of places to keep them all.
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, Beauty and the Beast, and the Little Mermaid are Molly’s favourite things to watch on the TV. Actually, they’re her favourite books too. She is definitely a Disney fan.
- Molly’s favourite thing to eat right now is ham sandwiches. She would have them for breakfast, lunch and tea if I’d let her.
- Molly hates using the toilet or potty. She seems scared of them for some reason. She’d much rather stand next to them and wee on the floor all the time if she could.
- Armpits! Random, I know, but she really hates seeing them.
- My singing. I honestly cannot think why…
- Molly was poorly this month. She had a fever which made her quite ill. One minute her temperature was sky high, the next it was worryingly low. Luckily, the fever didn’t last long and she was soon back to her usual self.
So that was the round-up for Molly’s Month (February 2018). I look forward to reading back over these in the future to see how she’s developing each month.
Thanks for reading,