Gratitude list #8 is the eighth instalment of my gratitude series. I am a firm believer in the fact that no matter how hard life gets, we still have an abundance of things to be appreciative and grateful for. The idea behind this series is to remind myself of just how lucky I am for all of my blessings. With that, here are the things I am grateful for in Gratitude List #8.
- Next week will be half term for Molly and I can’t blummin’ wait. I get to have some lazy mornings, ahem, but mostly because I think Molly is ready for the break. Her transition from nursery to school hasn’t been an easy one by any means. I had concerns earlier this year about whether or not she was ready to start school, and unfortunately, it would appear I was right to be concerned. That’s a story for another day though. Anyway, as I said, she has struggled a little bit but she has also progressed massively already. Molly does not like noise or people so the fact that she happily goes to school in the morning, and comes back smiling is brilliant. I am so proud of her and I can’t wait to spend a whole week with just the two of us.
- I am so immensely proud of Chris right now as he has just donated blood for the first time. A couple of years ago I had to have a blood transfusion because I was severely anaemic. Apparently, my organs were on the brink of shutting down – thanks Endometriosis and PCOS! It had never occurred to me to give blood before then; I think a lot of us just assume that if we needed blood, it would be there. Without the kind people who donate their blood, I dread to think what would’ve happened to me, and all the other people who need it every day. As I’ve had a transfusion I cannot donate my blood now so the fact that Chris is doing so makes me very grateful.
- As I sat down to write about being grateful for my health I almost started laughing at myself because I haven’t felt so lucky over the past week or two. As you may be aware, I have endometriosis, and it’s been making me feel really bad for a while. BUT, this latest flare-up is starting to ease and I’m feeling a lot brighter and more positive, which I am definitely grateful for. I am on the waiting list for surgery so fingers crossed I won’t be waiting too long.
- This week Molly’s school is having a little Halloween party and the parents are invited. I am so excited to see Molly playing with her school friends and seeing how cute all the kids look in their costumes. I just hope that Molly doesn’t make a beeline for me and refuse to leave my side instead of playing with her friends.
- The gymnastics club Molly goes to is having a Halloween party this weekend too so we’re all going as a family. There will be a talent contest, which we’re looking forward to watching. And, there is a prize for the best-dressed family so me and Chris get to dress up too! Woohoo!
- It’s not long until Christmas now and I am very excited. Last year was a bit of a write off for us. I lost a baby to an ectopic pregnancy last year and the baby would have been due just before Christmas. Needless to say, we weren’t feeling very festive. This year is very different though. I will never forget my little angel baby but I am blessed to have Molly and guess what, she is going to be spoilt rotten this year and I make absolutely no apologies for that.
- I’ve also done the majority of Christmas shopping too which I’m glad about. I’m usually very last minute so I’m proud of myself for being organised this year. For a change!
So that was Gratitude list #8 and all of the things I am feeling grateful for right now. Do you keep a gratitude journal or write a gratitude list? What are you grateful for right now?