Gratitude list #5 is the fifth instalment of my gratitude series. The process of writing a gratitude list is about taking the time to stop, sit and really appreciate everything I have to be grateful for. Life can be so hectic at times and the little things are often overlooked. Writing a gratitude list, or indeed a gratitude journal, also means I can look back over everything I have written, for inspiration, if I am ever feeling down. Kind of like an instant pick me up.
With that, here are the things I am grateful for in Gratitude list #5:
- One of my goals this year is to lose weight and be healthier. I am not putting myself on a diet because they haven’t worked in the past. I am making small lifestyle changes as I go along. For example, mixing up my usual diet with some healthier alternatives and moving more without a strenuous exercise routine. I am really proud of myself for taking small steps, especially food wise. I think making small changes as I go, as oppose to big sudden changes, will mean I am more likely to stick with it.
- Bath bombs! Especially from Lush, but I am not too fussy. They smell divine and are so relaxing. They have the ability to transport me to a luxury spa, even though I am just in my little old bathroom. Bliss!
- I am trying to make the most of my one on one time with Molly at the moment. Though her bad moods of late are making it a little difficult for me! She starts school in September and I know I will miss all of the time we once had when she does.
- Nice weather! I love the springtime. The weather is nicer and everywhere you look there’s a cherry blossom tree, which I adore! It’s amazing what a little bit of sun can do to improve your moods isn’t it.
- My gynaecologist! Weird I know, but hear me out. I have got Endometriosis and PCOS and as my symptoms have worsened recently I am back to seeing the hospital gynaecologist. It would seem that there have been some massive changes in this department at the local hospital and my usual doctor has left. The new doctor is so thorough and has already sent me for an Ultrasound, MRI and Hysteroscopy. Her intention is to get the best picture possible of the severity of my endometriosis before rushing into surgery blind. I am now just waiting for a follow-up appointment with her to see where the treatment plan takes me next. She is confident I won’t have to have a hysterectomy, at least for a while anyway.
- My mindset has shifted and I really couldn’t be happier right now. It is strange to see some of the things that were once important to me now meaning nothing to me. I don’t have the patience for things that make me feel stressed and unhappy anymore. I am me, I know what I want, and I know where I am going. And I really don’t have the time for things that don’t make me happy. That might not be agreeable to others, but that’s their problem isn’t it. I’m off in the land of Sam making the most of this beautiful life.
So that was Gratitude list #5 and all of the things I am feeling grateful for right now. Do you keep a gratitude journal or write a gratitude list? What are you grateful for right now? If you want to read my other gratitude lists you can find them here.